CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday 1 August 2007

Food, glorious food

I had a new culinary experience last night. Best Friend was feeling down and had had a stressful day at work, so we decided to meet up for a bit of tea and sympathy. After a few drinks and a bit of a crisis debrief, it was time for dinner. Off we went, neither really sure what we wanted, so Pizza Express seemed like a good option. Looking though the menu, I found a pizza with asparagus and egg!! I’ll try anything food wise but couldn’t quite get my head around this.

I like pizza, I like asparagus and I like eggs, but all three on one thing? It seemed like a bit of an odd and random concept. Spinach and eggs yes, but this was a new one on me. When it arrived I was a little disconcerted because the asparagus spears were just kind of strewn across the top and the egg looked like it was making its escape off the side. I was pleasantly surprised because it tasted great, certainly something I’ll order again.

Unfortunately (I think) I’ll be having another new culinary experience on Saturday night. Best Friend and I are going to dinner at another friend’s, Miss Nice As Pie, house. Now, she has never cooked for me, but has for Best Friend. Slightly worryingly I have been advised to eat before hand, or at least bring plenty of alcohol – this certainly doesn’t sound good! But, she’s trying. I fear what Best Friend is more concerned about is that Miss Nice As Pie has promised us she will be trying something new and we will be the first to taste it!

Food seems to be featuring a lot in my week. I’m also going to dinner with Mr Flirt tomorrow night, which I’m looking forward to. We always have fun and eat at some pretty decent places. All of which beat what I had for dinner tonight – 3 minute noodles and a chocolate bar, nothing like a balanced diet! Thank god for restaurants and friends…

2 comments:

fishwithoutbicycle said...

I miss Pizza Express. I prefer ordering my own individual pizza to New York style pizzas, but don't tell the New Yorkers, they'll deport me. They also call pizzas 'pies' here. Weirdoes!! :-)

alcoment said...

Ha Ha. I went to New York on holiday last year and when I first saw 'pies' on a menu I got really confused!

I love Pizza Express and there's something about being able to say 'I just ate a whole pizza' that appeals to me. Each time I go, I'm always impressed with how nice the restuarants are, they beat Pizza Hut hands down!