CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 12 August 2007

Operation Domestication

Today has been taken up with ‘Operation Domestication’, otherwise known as ‘Shit, The Landlady Is Coming’. To be fair, she’s a pretty decent. I don’t phone her every five minutes with stupid things and she generally leaves me alone; it suits us both. However, she’s coming round with a plumber on Tuesday, so I’ve had to swing into action to make sure the flat is up to Landlady standards. I have spent the day doing all those jobs that you mean to do, but never quite round to, often because it’s all really quite boring. Now, after a few hours of blood (when I scraped my arm on a nail), sweat and tears (again, with the nail), I have a shiny flat with sparkling woodwork, squeaky floors and glistening tiles. I however, am now a complete mess! I hope it’s enough for her to think it’s always like that. I can be a bit slapdash when it comes to cleaning, though it’s never dirty, just messy.

In other news, I have this week off work. I have arranged for my niece, Mini Adult, to come and stay with me for a couple of days. Mini Adult is one of the few kids who I actually enjoy spending time with, she cracks me up and is already showing signs of having inherited her aunts’ perspective on life. It is rare I take parental responsibility for more than a few hours, so two days and a night are going to be interesting!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I just want you to know that my new favorite word is: slapdash. I'm going to find a way to use it every day this week. For real.

Oh...and you may want to get a Tetnus shot...what with the nail and all...ouchhhhhhhhhhhh

Rosie said...

Two days with your niece...just the two of you? I'm predicting you are going to have some great adventures and makes some wonderful memories.

alcoment said...

thewishfulwriter - glad you like 'slapdash', it's a great word isn't it? I should be ok with the nail, my tetanus is up to date and it wasn't that deep, a graze really, I'm just a bit of a baby with that kind of thing

rosie - yep, just the two of us. We usually have fun, though last time we went out we got told off for splashing each other in a fountain!