CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday 15 August 2007

Blondie, Elvis and The Clash - what a mix!

Ok, hats off to all you full time parents. I have no idea how you do what I did for less than 48 hours all the time! Mini Adult has gone home and I am now left sitting in a flat that resembles a building site and so tired that it’s hard to form words! I have had a lot of fun (sometimes aided by massive quantities of sugar in one form or another!), had my imagination stretched to the limit and learnt a thing or two.

Today we baked some more (brownies this time, with a fudge topping – more sugar, Mini Adult was seriously buzzing when she left, her Mum loves me!), went to spend her pocket money (weirdly, she bought a pig keyring that ‘poos’ sweets, like I said, her Mum loves me…) and then a visit to Mini Adult’s Gran.

Even without excess sugar, Mini Adult is a ball of energy and always moving, including in her sleep, which made it difficult last night. I’m also a restless sleeper, so I think we kicked each other about the same amount of times in bed! I woke up to find her sitting in bed looking at me, waiting to ask me all about Elvis. She was very concerned to find out how and when he had died and to discover if I had ever met him (the clearest sign I’ve had that it’s too late to start with the anti-wrinkle cream). I tried to answer the best I could, but without the aid of either caffeine or nicotine, she didn’t seem very impressed!

I have also discovered that Mini Adult has better taste than I previously knew. I asked her to go and put a CD on for whilst we were baking. Off she went and then all of a sudden I hear…Blondie! Into the kitchen comes Mini Adult, dancing and singing all the words as all I can do is look on with amazement. I knew she was one sorted kid, but she’s 8!! Upon questioning, it turns out that Blondie is cool, but not as cool as The Clash. What can I say?

So now she’s gone all there is for me to do is revel in the peace and tidy up tomorrow. It must be love though; I’ve got her for a whole weekend in two weeks!

5 comments:

Heather said...

She sounds like a FAB mini-adult. She earned my undying affection when she put on Blondie :)

alcoment said...

I know. Mini Adult has good taste, much better than all her friends who listen to all the teeny-pop stuff!

Agnes Mildew said...

I think you could tell Mini Adult that Elvis is not dead - he was actually seen in B & Q this morning singing, Return The Sander...

Oh dear, bad joke, I know, but it made me laugh when I heard it today!

Rosie said...

Ah the ties that bind...music! I was always getting an education from my nieces. Had to laugh about the pig key chain. My son got a reindeer last Christmas that poops little brown jelly beans. He loves that darn thing.

alcoment said...

agnes mildew - thanks for stopping by. Bad joke or not, I liked it and keep on giggling when I think about it.

rosie - Music's great, it can cross the generations easily. I have to say that I was quite impressed with the pig key ring. I've seen the reindeer ones before, I wouldn't mind one for myself!