CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday 14 August 2007

I could be a Domestic Goddess!

What a day! Mini Adult is finally in bed and peace has descended. It’s been a great day but, god, I’m knackered. We started off by going into the shopping centre where they have all these activities for kids in the summer holidays. Mini Adult went on this contraption that is a trampoline with bungee ropes – she loved it, but I spent the whole time cringing, with nightmare visions of the ropes snapping and her flying across the city!!

Lunch was fun, there’s nothing like sitting in a crowded place, blowing bubbles into a glass of coke and making fangs from chips! (Mini Adult normally has a very healthy diet, so tends to go a bit mad when she’s with me). We then spent a very wholesome afternoon baking biscuits and brownies (yes, they were out of a packet, but hey, I had to add stuff and stir things, that’s cooking in my book!), followed by a DVD and general mucking about. I feel all domesticated (that will be the baking!) and kind of fuzzy inside (that’s either my own sugar rush, or from when Mini Adult told me I was the best aunt – I still haven’t figured out what she wanted!). And we’ve got to do it all again tomorrow…

In other news, my other niece, Little Person (Mini Adult’s sister), appears to have developed an obsession with other people’s feet and shoes – I can see a fetish in the making! Landlady came and as of Thursday I should have a fully functioning washing machine. During her visit she said that she was impressed with the way I had kept the flat and could see I led an orderly life – I had to stop myself from laughing and tried desperately not to look at the places where I had stashed things unsuitable for the eyes of either Landladies or Mini Adults! Operation Domestication can be declared a success.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL

This could have been my day, except my place is a mess and the maids are not due in for another 2 weeks!

Gotta love the wee ones!

Rosie said...

I have two boys. My sister has two of each. From time to time she's lent me her girls and we are very close. They are 18 and 23 now and we still have great fun going to lunch, the movies and reading some of the same books. This is just the beginning.

Heather said...

Sounds like loads of fun. Making things out of chips is a hobby of mine. I'm actually quite gifted, but can find no one else who will even pretend to care. Somehow, I feel as though you would and it's comforting...

alcoment said...

wittywritergal - rest assured that as soon as Landlady left, the place reverted to type and now Mini Adult has gone home I am sitting in a bombsite!

rosie - that's sounds great. I hope to have that kind of relationship with both my nieces when they are older. I want to be the cool aunt!

thewishfulwriter - of course I care about making things out of chips. The small things that mean little to other people are often the most important. I have to admit though that I often have a different perspective on life to other people, but I stand by the fact that a talent is a talent!!

Thank you for all your comments girls, they mean a lot.