CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 5 August 2007

It's a mistake to eat before dinner!

To me, Sundays are sort of non-days. They have an odd, empty feeling about them, I’m sure this stems from when I was a kid and shops weren’t open on Sundays (yes anyone under 20, shock!, horror!, shops never used to be open 24/7 and they shut for a whole day!), leaving my hometown with a sort of tumbleweed feeling. Even now, when I know I can do anything that I want to exactly the same as in the week, Sundays feel slow and empty. I know I should find them relaxing but I end up itching to do something exciting. However, today I am glad of it. Having had two hideously busy weeks at work, seeing various friends in the week and then being more or less permanently drunk since Friday night, I’m enjoying a day with nothing more taxing than reading the papers and watching Hollyoaks.

Last night was dinner at Miss Nice As Pie’s house. Best Friend and I set off with her daughter, The Cool Kid, stopping on the way to pick up some ice, as requested by Miss Nice As Pie. As we were in the shop, we spotted some sausage rolls and decided to buy them to eat before dinner (The Cool Kid suitably bribed to keep quiet!), this turned out to be a mistake. We were greeted with appetizers of mini duck spring rolls, followed by tacos and stuffed peppers, followed by homemade chocolate cake! Dinner was nice and suddenly the secret sausage rolls, eaten quietly round the corner, seemed to take up a vast amount of room, but I continued to eat as I would not want to hurt Miss Nice As Pie’s feelings. This, combined with more of the same wine consumed in vast quantities on Friday night, made for an uncomfortable, noisy night for my stomach!

On another note, Best Friend and Mr Flirt now know about this blog. Best Friend has the address but Mr Flirt doesn’t at the moment. I’m nervously awaiting their reactions…

2 comments:

JUST ME said...

they don't really sell sausage rolls here in the states in stores.

...they might sell them frozen, at a grocery store...but I've heard about these famous fresh sausage rolls, and although I don't really like sausage, I sorta always feel like I want one.

alcoment said...

If you ever get to try one then do. They're not something I eat very often, but they taste so good, especially when they've fresh out of the oven!