CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 30 September 2007

Delete, delete, delete!

I think I’ve told you before that I love technology and all that it can do, but that I am aware of the down side to it as well. One of the main downsides is that unless you remember to delete things you don’t want people to find, there is a good chance that someone will discover it!

Best Friend has a new mobile phone. It was given to her by another friend, who had just upgraded to a shiny new one.

The friend who gave it to her is quiet and has a certain ‘good girl’ image. She’s not. And we now have proof.

It is important to remember that if you give a friend your old mobile, removing the sim card is not enough. You need to check what has been saved on the phone itself.

And delete anything before you hand it over.

Best Friend was playing with her new toy, figuring out how it worked, when I suddenly heard a gasp and then hysterical laughter.

She handed the phone to me.

There was a message from Quiet Friend’s boyfriend. It was a picture of him in a state of…um, excitement and the (completely unnecessary) information that he was horny and waiting for her.

Best Friend doesn’t feel that she’s going to be able to look at her (or him!) in the eye with a straight face for quite a while! I think she has some excellent blackmail fodder…

6 comments:

Rosie said...

You know that's funny in a "I'm glad it's not me" way. Does the quiet friend have any idea your Best Friend found it?

fishwithoutbicycle said...

As they say, it's the quiet ones you have to watch ;-)

Heather said...

HAHAHAHA!

It IS the quiet ones you have to watch.

I talk a big game, but alas, there ain't nothing on my phone to back up my talk. I could give my phone to a nun.

sigh.

alcoment said...

Rosie - No, and I don't think Best Friend is going to say anything either. I'm not sure who would be more embarrassed!

Fish - It certainly is. We've seen a whole different side to her (and him!).

Wishful - There's no shame in that. At least you won't end up on someone's blog, annonymous or not!

Lesbian Bandit said...

LOL

I am going to plead the 5th as to what may or may not be on my phone. I just hope mine is never stolen... maybe I should or should not delete a few things now... Yep, I think that is what I may or may not do.

Thanks for this public service announcement!

alcoment said...

Lesbian Bandit - Thanks for stopping by. I delete things from my phone on a regular basis, it saves those 'Oh, shit' moments!