CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday 29 October 2007

A quick announcement

I know I said that I would be back with a blog about my Saturday night at the local meat market, but too be honest I’m too tired to post properly. I’ve been up since stupid o’clock this morning to get down to London for training for work. And I’m back there again tomorrow (yes, I know. Moan, moan, whinge, whinge!).

The sofa and TV are calling to me, so that’s where I’m heading. I’ll tell you about Saturday night soon.

I just wanted to let you know that I’m moving.

Blog host sites that is.

I’m going across to Wordpress. As much as I loved Blogger when I started, I want more things to play with and Wordpress seems to offer more of what I want.

At the moment I’m only going across to Wordpress’s free host site, but it means that I can get my blog to look how I want it to.

I’m having fun playing around and working on the layout of my new home. I’ve still got a lot to do, but will let you know before I go and then we can organise a blog warming party!

I think there is some kind of redirecting thing I can set for people that come here, but I’ll have to look into it some more.

I’ll still be blogging here until it’s time to move across completely (probably the weekend), but I just wanted to let you all know what I was up to!

6 comments:

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Good luck with the move!! ;-)

alcoment said...

Thanks Fish! It's fun but more work than I thought it would be.

Rosie said...

So much braver than me! I've talked about moving several times, but I want to bring all my archives etc. with me so I've just pretty much procrastinated and not done it.

Emmy said...

I can not wait for the blog warming party, keep me informed I don't want to miss your great posts. And I am sending a foot rub your way hope it helps you relax. :)

Anonymous said...

Best of luck on the move! Do let me know when you get set up so I can add you to my feed reader at the new locale!

alcoment said...

Rosie, Emmy and Jayne

Thanks for the comments guys!

I'm getting there and don't have that much left to do, just the little tweaks to get it how I want it! I think I'll definately be up and running properly by the weekend, but it's taken more time than I thought it would, hence the lack of blogs and comments on other people's blogs!

It's not been too bad really, slightly nerve wracking at times, especially when I was getting the archives across!

So, we're nearly all set for the blog-warming party. If I provide the drinks, can someone bring some nibbles!? ;-)