CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday 25 October 2007

Meme take two!

So, let’s give this meme thing another try. I’m not overly fond of them, but seeing as I’ve only ever done one before, I better give them a chance!

I’ve been tagged for the ‘3 things you won’t let go’ meme by Stealth over at No Middle Ground Here

I’m supposed to talk to you about three things that I won’t let go of and, I guess, tell you why they’re important to me. I think I’m also supposed to put photo’s up too, I’ve done my best, but I’ve only really been able to do it for one thing – sorry!

So, here goes!

Certain music from when I was a teenager.

I was a teenager in the 90’s. Like most people, certain songs take me straight back to that time. I lost a lot of my music collection when I moved a few years ago, but am slowly replacing those that I sorely miss.

Blur, Pulp and Oasis featured heavily. At the time, you were supposed to be either a Blur or Oasis fan; I was genuinely both, much to the dismay of certain friends of mine. Nirvana was also played all the time. Also, specific tracks are linked to certain years. Take 1996. I was 16 and hearing Born Slippy by Underworld takes me back to the best summer of my life and The Prodigy’s Firestarter to the surrealist night I’ve known (I’ll tell you about them both one day!).

Both of these and many of the others are on my Ipod or in my CD collection. Now I’ve got them back, they’re not going anywhere!

This painting.

Please excuse the quality of the photo. I had to take it with my phone as I still haven’t figured out how to use my digital camera, despite having it for a couple of years!

My aunt painted this for me when I was born. As you probably can’t read what she has written, it says

“Wishes that are sincerely meant usually come true, may you have happy days, good health, good friends, all your life through”

It used to hang in my bedroom throughout my childhood and has moved with me wherever I’ve lived. It currently hangs in my bathroom, brightening up a very small space!

My aunt was in and out of my life when I was a kid, but I’ve always kept it. Now, my aunt is one of the main people in my life and she likes the fact that I’ve always kept the painting.

My memory box

At least I think that’s what they’re called, that’s what we used to call them when I was younger. I’d take a photo, but it’s really nothing to look at, just a plain box.

I guess it’s full of things that I don’t want to let go. It’s got stuff like old letters from friends, cards that mean something, cinema stubs and so on in there. Each thing means something, or reminds me of something I did or someone I know (or knew!).

Again, this is something that has moved around with me. I’m always slightly surprised that I’ve got one of these, I’m not overly sentimental and don’t tend to keep hold of things, nor do I feel the need to take millions of photo’s. I guess I figure that they’re just ‘things’, or props or something, but every now and again, I get an urge to put something in my box to have a look at again further down the line. God, I’m a soppy cow sometimes!



So there you go, there’s my three things. Now I’m supposed to tag some other people. I choose Fish, Heather and Emmy.

Sorry guys! If you don’t want to play, then no problem. Also, if anyone else sees this and wants to have a go, then feel free to grab it and join in.

Oh, and I was also tagged for the desktop meme by Rosie over at Nobody asked me, but unfortunately my laptop won’t play ball. Sorry Rosie!

6 comments:

Emmy said...

I accept and I will do the same :)

alcoment said...

Thanks Emmy, looking forward to seeing your post!

Heather said...

Hmmm....the problem is whittling down all the things i can't let go of to just THREE things...

:)

Rosie said...

No worries about the desktop meme. It's all good and it's all fun.

Emmy said...

I have been tagged with another meme but this time it is 'List of 7'. This is were you must list 7 things that people might not know about you so they can get to know you better. and pass it on to 7 people. so I've tagged you. check my post http://emmysmindinside.blogspot.com/ you will find the details there. Thanks and have fun. :)

alcoment said...

Wishful - I found it hard to decide between several things, I'm obviously more sentimental than I thought I was!

Rosie - Thanks!

Emmy - Ok, thanks, I'll play.