CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday 24 October 2007

About Bl**dy Time Too!!

Hello, Good evening and Welcome.

Firstly, may I take this opportunity to apologise for my tardiness. I must confess that I have received one or two nudging emails asking me when I was going to post a bloggy thing as my audience was waiting. I suppose I could blame it on stage fright, but actually I reckon I must be one of the busiest students in England. In fact, quite possibly, the world.

The first time I went to university I opted for a 'student friendly' course - water-based leisure management. This translates as learning to windsurf and sail for two years on a part time basis and spend the rest of the time in the Student bar. Cracking. Then a year or so ago I had a bright idea and decided to relive my uni days for a second time. Bird, sorry - other half, is already a qualified nutty nurse and seeing as I wrote most of her essays I thought I'd have a crack at it as well. How hard can it possibly be? Regurgitate all the essays and fly through the practice placements and Robert's your father's brother - qualified. Then the reality of being a mature student on a course with a new curriculum. New essays, different modules, full time course, dismal bursary, mortgage to pay, loads of bills so working almost equivalent of a full time job on top of a full time course.

Now, I'm not one to whinge - honest, but this is hard work. I am now realising that there really aren't enough hours in the day. Yes - I know, women have known this for ages.

Anyway, now that I have made my excuses, I have an esay to write. However, I have noticed that a number of inaccuracies have been written about me which I believe amount to defamation of character. I shall aim to clarify and put the record straight on my next visit to this cyberbloggywebbynetty thing.

Sorry for all the hype. Bet you're all gutted now!!

3 comments:

alcoment said...

Finally! You took your time didn't you!? And don't be going giving everyone the sob story about how overworked you are, don't forget I know how you actually spend your time!

As for the inaccuracies, well, show me your version of inaccuracies and I will show you the truth!

In all seriousness, well done and it's good to have you around here at last.

(Also, very grudgingly, to be fair to SNN, he does work extremely hard and rarely has much free time. Though he does like to blow his own trumpet and make himself seem more important than necessary!)

Rosie said...

And so the adventure begins... Might I ask why psychiatric nurse?

Heather said...

hmmmm....it's clear that a healthy debate between you and alcoment will be necessary.

let me know when you schedule it so i can grab a diet coke, some popcorn and pull up a chair!